This page describes some of my research at Patterned Fiber Composites. This work involved testing of composite materials, design of composite structures, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), viscoelastic damping and vibrations
- Found that time-temperature superposition could be applied to damped wavy composite materials and implemented frequency/temperature testing, greatly increasing our understanding of how wavy composite materials perform.
- Helped in developing a novel dynamic testing apparatus with temperature control. (Illustration below – See Testing paper.)
- Designed highly damped composites for aerospace and sporting goods applications. (See our golf club at www.nr-golf.com. The “Wright Flyer” replica airplane, featured on the Discovery Channel, also used these materials http://wrightflyer.usurf.usu.edu/ )
- Performed FEA simulations and correlated FEA results to test data.
- Designed structural modifications to manufacturing equipment.